Original recipe from Cupcakes and Kale blog.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 large clove of garlic, minced
2-3 heaping tbsp thai green curry paste
1.5 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup water (I like to water down my vegetable broths but you don't have to)
1 medium size butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
1 cup coconut milk
1 lime, juiced
2-3 tbsp tamari
Fresh spinach or green onions to garnish
1. In a medium-sized pot heat the oil and add the fresh ginger and garlic.
2. Sauté for about a minute until fragrent.
3. Add in the curry paste and continue to sauté while stirring for another minute or so.
4. Add in the vegetable broth being careful not to spatter as the oil is hot! Add coconut milk and the butternut squash.
5. Cover and simmer for at least 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
6. Stir in the lime juice and tamari and then season to adjust.
7. I pureed this soup because my partner and I prefer it that way but you don't have to do the same. If you do, simply add the soup to a food processor, a few batches at a time and process until desired smoothness achieved.
8. Divide spinach leaves or green onions between bowls and add as garnish or ladle the soup over top to mix it in.